Friday 15 November 2013

Quick Release Lanyard - With Ring & Stainless Ring Clip


I have reviewed Many a Lomo product as they are generally good quality and extremely good value. Recently I got my hands on their Quick Release Lanyard - With Ring & Stainless Ring Clip which retails at £5.99. This is around half the price you would expect to pay for a branded product.
 I used the lanyard for a prime dive torch but only after making a few adjustments to the lanyard.
 The lanyard is supplied with a small karabiner clip at one end and a split ring at the other. I found the karabiner to be fine but the split ring was too soft and lightweight and it started to unravel when tension was put on it. This was disappointing but not too much of a problem. I removed the split ring and utilised the loop of line that is found at the same end as the split ring. All I had to do was unpick a small knot. This then enabled me to thread the line onto the torch and loop the lanyard through it. Job done.
The karabiner clipped to a D ring and off I went. The body of the lanyard is made of curved plastic wire. The use of plastic clips enables lengthening the lanyard at the start of the dive and the clipping it all away tidily at the end.
After making the alterations I found it to be a good product giving great flexibility re torch positioning.
Mike Clark

No comments: