Saturday 4 September 2010

U 12 Heaven and Hell











U 12 Heaven and Hell

The Jacob George sped us out to the site of the U 12 in short order. The 25 miles appeared to fly by in the near perfect conditions. As i dropped down the shot line i started to make the wreck out below me at around 20 metres down the line. The wreck lies on the sea floor at 48 metres and the coning tower rises to around 42 metres. Conditions were superb and i had already planned to carry out a long run time to capture the images of this superb wreck. I think i succeeded but i came very close to loosing all my camera gear as i smashed my camera port on re entering the boat. Thankfully no water entered the housing and the shots were safe. Have a look at the images and see what you think.
To dive this superb wreck get in touch with Marine Quest .
Further details of the u12 can be found in my forthcoming book see here for more details.


No comments: